Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A Mission Reunion and General Conference. What can you ask of more?

On Friday, April 3rd I went down to Orem for my first Mission Reunion. I was really excited because I use it as a good excuse to go shopping for a cute dress. I found a slimming black dress with some really cute blue heels.

I was nervous when I got to the Stake Center and I thought I was in the wrong building because there was a primary activity going on. Well, I walked around the other side and I saw some Sisters from my mission. I was in the right building. We talked and talked before going into the chapel. My mission President, President Simmons finally got all of us in. He showed us the Olive Tree and it broght back so many wonderful memories of Why I Believe, a presentation at the Mission home where new member tell their stories of conversation. He then had us each stand up and introduce ourselves, where we were living and our church callings and if you brought someone with us. Sister Simmons and their daugther gave a talk. President Simmons gave a talk and it was so good. He talked about how important it is not to put people down through gossip and he talked about how we shouldn't put ourselves down. I needed it so much.

After the talks we went into the gym and talked with everyone. It was so much fun to see a lot of missionaries that I served with and see what they were doing and up to. About 10:30 I decided to go home and crazy as I am, I went back to Logan. So yes I got home around 1 o'clock in the morning.




General Conference was amazing. I loved all of the talks. Some of my favorites were President Eyring, Elder Bednar, Elder Holland Gary Stevenson just to name a few. I'm so grateful that we have a living Prophet on the Earth to guide us and help us come closer to our Heavenly Father and His Son, our Savior Jesus Christ.



No comments:

Post a Comment